Friday, July 10, 2009

Ciao Bella!

The highlight of the not one but two BBQs I attended on 4th of July was my mother's attention for the first time since I "went vegan" to my dietary choices. Generally, I try to make get-togethers as easy as possible by toting over my own veggie burgers, buns and toppings but it really helps when at least one of the sides is vegan-friendly. This holiday they were having strawberry ice cream for dessert so like most other days I resigned myself to foregoing dessert. But my mom had a trick up her sleeve and everyone else at the BBQ was jealous: perfect one serving cartons of Ciao Bella sorbet in Sicilian Blood Orange.
Totally vegan and just for me! They are absolutely adorable and the sorbet was crisp, clean and tart. To die for. For those of you who are like me and care how your food is presented, the presentation of Ciao Bella's sorbetto is only just second to the taste. Cherries in a goblet are just so much more special than cherries in a plastic bowl. Gelato is that much more indulgent when it comes in a cute container with a tiny spoon tucked inside the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment